Skip to content

Aviation Insurance

Ausure can provide quality advice and comparable quotes from leading insurers that specialise in the Aviation Industry in Australia.

Aviation Insurance in Australia

In Australia, the aviation industry requires specific types of insurance to operate legally and protect against various risks

The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulates aviation in Australia and sets out the minimum insurance requirements for aircraft operations. Operators must ensure they meet these requirements, which can vary based on the type of operation (e.g., commercial, charter, aerial work). It’s essential for aviation businesses to consult with an insurance broker or legal advisor familiar with the aviation industry to ensure they have the appropriate coverage for their specific operations.

While the aviation industry has stringent safety standards, flying carries some serious risks – both on land and in the air. So whether you’re a private pilot or you fly as part of an airline, it’s important to protect your business with aviation insurance. With the right aviation insurance, your business can be covered for risks such as aircraft damage, third party, passenger injury or third party property damage claims.

Insurance Made Easy

pride ourselves on providing you with superior claims service. From lodging the claim and liaising with the insurer on your behalf, we manage the entire process to ensure you receive the outcome you are entitled to.

We know what you need

Having a professional broker looking after you is pivotal in ensuring you have the right cover for your risks and objectives. Which really gives you the peace of mind you need in an emergency situation.

We're On Your Side

Using an Ausure broker means that you have someone working for you to find the most appropriate cover at affordable premiums. But most importantly - you have someone fighting for you at claim time.

What type of Aviation Insurance do you need?

Public Liability Insurance

This is mandatory for aircraft operators in Australia. It covers liability for damage to third-party property and bodily injury to people other than the passengers.

Passenger Liability Insurance

While public liability insurance covers third-party liabilities, passenger liability insurance specifically covers liabilities arising from injury or death to passengers.

Hull Insurance

Protects against physical damage to the aircraft itself, whether on the ground or in flight. This insurance is not legally mandatory but is crucial for protecting the financial investment in the aircraft.

Cargo Insurance

Covers loss or damage to cargo while in transit. Though not legally required, it's essential for operators that transport goods.

Hangarkeepers Liability Insurance

For businesses that provide storage or maintenance services for aircraft, this insurance covers damage to aircraft while under their care.

Aircraft Third-Party Liability Insurance

Beyond the mandatory public liability insurance, this provides broader coverage for damage or injury caused to third parties.

Aerial Work Insurance

Covers crew and passengers for injuries, death, or disability. This can be particularly important for commercial operations and charter services.

Aviation Personal Accident Insurance

Tax Audit Insurance can assist with bills associated with a tax audit by the ATO or the Australian government.

Ground Risk Hull Insurance

Commercial Motor will protect you in the event of an accident, theft or damage to your work vehicle.

We're here to help.

Get in Touch

We compare policies from trusted aviation insurers, to find you the right cover. 

Request a Call Back

Simply enter your details below, and we’ll give you a call right back!