Skip to content

Farm Insurance


Farm Insurance

Farm insurance can be tailored to cover your home and farm buildings, livestock, vehicles, equipment and more. It can also safeguard you against theft and loss of income.

Business Package

A Business Package Insurance policy offers protection against a variety of risks for businesses in all industry sectors, including Rural businesses, retail stores and Farms.

Crop Insurance

Crop Insurance provides a solution to manage the financial consequences of broad acre production variability. Crop Insurance products are typically structured to provide cover up to full cost of production.

Livestock, Fencing & Hay

There are a number of covers available for your Livestock, Fencing, Hay or Grain and they vary from insurer to insurer. It is important that your insurance adviser is across all of the products available in the marketplace and not just one.

Workers Compensation

If you employ people in connection with your farm business then you will most likely legally be required to have Workers Compensation Insurance. The cover and price varies from state to state so the cost of this cover will be dependant on a number of factors.

Trade Credit Insurance

If you trade or sell goods on a credit basis, you’re at risk of bad debt or non-payment by customers. This can disrupt your cashflow and leave you out of pocket. Trade credit insurance is essential to protect your income and business assets against potential customer failure.

Machinery & Farm

You may have a number of vehicles, mobile self propelled plant, towed plant, some registered and some unregistered that require protection from insurance. The premium charged by insurers are based on a number of factors, which an Ausure adviser can explain to you.

Business Interruption

If your farming business is interrupted (for example by fire or storm), then there may be covers available to provide you with funds to cover additional costs incurred to continue your business or to provide funds to compensate you for lost income.

Home & Contents

On your farm or off your farm, you may need protection for your Homes and their Contents. They may be occupied by you or your employees and the cover varies considerably from insurer to insurer. Your insurance adviser should be across all products available in the market and not just one or two.

Weather Insurance

Tailored for the unique cover requirements of commercial property landlords. It is designed to provide customised cover.

Drone Insurance

Australian farms have taken to using drones for crop management, soil and field analysis and aerial spraying. Using drones on the farm exposes you to a number of risks that you may not be aware of.

Property Transit

This policy insures you against the accidental death of livestock, including slaughter for humane reasons, and physical loss of or physical damage to farm property whilst in transit in Australia.
Request a Call Back

Simply enter your details below, and we’ll give you a call right back!