Skip to content
Home » adviser » Avoid Trouble at Claim Time

Avoid Trouble at Claim Time

When you should tell your broker about changes

Did you know that you need to notify your Insurance Broker if you make even minor changes to your home or business premises?

Below is a list of times you need to contact your broker to ensure your policy covers you in the event of a claim.

  • Have you added services or changed what your business does? This will affect the public liability cover your business requires.
  • Have you increased your turnover recently? Business interruption cover will need to be increased accordingly.
  • Have you purchased additional machinery, systems, stocks (anything that changes the sum insured to your business or premises?)
  • Have you upgraded your security? This may lower your insurance premiums.
  • Have you completed recent renovations or construction on your home or business?
  • Have you purchased any big-ticket items that need to be insured?
  • Have you made any major upgrades to your motor or boat?
  • Have you recently moved? (This will need to be updated on your motor vehicle policy)
  • Are you going away for an extended period of time and leaving your home unoccupied for more than 60 days?

Make sure you download a copy of our ‘What to do in the event of a Claim’ flyer. This will give you all the information you need should you need to lodge a claim.

Lodging a claim can be a stressful and frustrating time, but having an Ausure broker on your side means we will handle the entire process for you and keep you informed every step of the way. If you would like to chat with an Ausure broker, you can call us on 1300 587 225, or find your closest broker by visiting

Request a Call Back

Simply enter your details below, and we’ll give you a call right back!