Does your client have a pollution liability insurance exposure?
If your clients have a public liability policy but not for environmental liability they may face major losses. A major issue is first-party clean-up costs not just the perception of third-party damage and injury. It's not just the obvious occupations that have an environmental liability risk, it can be property owners, hotel operators and even tradies such as landscapers.
Check the coverage
Does the insurer you quoted include crisis management cover, PR and reputation leverage losses or do they use external experts?
- Hotels for Environmental Protection to cover meth exposure
- Transport companies after truck rollovers
Who Should Have It?
- Mining, waste, transportation, construction, chemicals and food production
- Commercial Property Owners, portfolio owners, property developers, manufacturers, hospitals or educational establishments
- Trades: Civil contractors, Environmental consultants, Site remediation/clean-up and demolition contractors, Above and underground storage tank contractors, Emergency clean-up contractors, Asbestos and PCB contractors, Maintenance contractors, Electrical contractors, General contractors
What Is Not Included In Environmental Liability Insurance?
While pollution and asbestos tend to be common exclusions on most other insurance policies, there are certain exclusions that are particular to Environmental Liability insurance policies, including:
- non-compliance with Environmental Laws
- prior knowledge of pollution conditions
- abandoned properties
- deliberate dumping
Insurers that offer cover
We care about the right policy for you and are by your side when it matters most.
Ausure helps everyday Australians protect what’s most important to them.
Ausure has insurance specialists located all around Australia, ready to assist with your insurance needs. We make getting insurance easy.
Tailored Insurance Solutions
Flexible Payment Options
Superior Claims Service
Exclusive Pricing for Tradies
Your local trusted insurance adviser, we care.