The 2023 Ausure Camping is geared up to be ‘Bigger than Ben Hur’
Over 170 Brokers, Ausure staff, Insurers and their families have signed up to attend the Ausure Camping trip in early November at the Canungra Showgrounds.
The much-loved event, which is now into its 4th year and was originally thought up by Mick O’Bree, GM of Operations at Ausure, has gained a cult following thanks to its ‘no work, just play’ rule and the fact that people are able to bring their families (and dogs!) along.
Each year, the Ausure Camping Trip seems to grow significantly bigger, with over 175 people making their way to the showgrounds, located in the small town of Canungra, in the Gold Coast Hinterlands. Besides the boost in tourism that the event brings (with people often ducking down to the local pub, strolling the shops and popping into the weekend markets), we ensure we support the local businesses. Each year, we have purchased the majority of our food and drinks from The Outpost Cafe, the local bakery, and the Canungra Pub. This year, we’re thrilled to be able to support a local charity, the ‘Canungra’ Men’s Shed‘, which will be receiving all of our recycled cans and bottles at the end of the 4-day event.
So what makes the Ausure Camping Trip one of the most talked about events in the industry?
- This is not a work event – everyone is there to kick back, relax, and enjoy each other’s company.
- All food and drinks are provided throughout the entire weekend thanks to the support of our amazing sponsors.
- Each morning, adults will get to wake up to freshly brewed coffee from the Coffee Van, whilst kids get to enjoy ‘Scott’s Milkshakes’ from the bar.
- The kids (and adults) will be entertained all weekend long with a myriad of fun activities, games and competitions on offer including:
- 23m inflatable waterslide
- Ausure Fastest Man & Woman Competition
- Kids Games and Face Painting
- Touch of Origin
- Kids ‘Movie Under the Stars’ with Fairy Floss and Popcorn
- Daily Ice Cream Van
- Trivia Competition
- Wine Tasting
- Gin bar
- Whiskey & Rum bar
- Beer & wine bar
- Professional Lamb spit chef
- Food truck